DDE Import & Export, Supplies & Logistics CC is a Walvis Bay, Namibia based clearing and forwarding company established in 2006 but with more than 20 years of experience in clearing and forwarding.
We specialize in vehicle clearance for private, industrial and specialized vehicles and trucks in Namibia and in transit to neighboring countries.
Walvis Bay has become a popular clearing port for vehicles destined for Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Democratic Republic of Congo. Shipments gets cleared and released in short time due to very little or no port delays. You can drive your vehicle from Walvis Bay to any of the neighboring countries. The roads from Walvis Bay to neighboring countries are in good condition and are very safe. The port of Walvis Bay is a high security area which reduces the incidents of theft.
WHY USE DDE IMPORT & EXPORT
- We provide a dedicated and individual clearing service at the port of Walvis Bay
- We understand the need of the client for fast, efficient and trustworthy services
- We have earned ourselves a good reputation through a history of highly satisfied customers, vast experience and unmatched quality of service and a highly dedicated team of staff
- We will provide the following services:
- Customs clearance – this includes customs documentation and clearance processing
- Namibia Ports Authority base tariff processing
- Bond cover
- Police Clearance
- Special Permits
- Our clients will never have to go through the long and sometimes frustrating process to get their vehicle . We will hand the keys to them with all necessary documentation to get them to the final destination.
HOW TO CLEAR YOUR CAR AT WALVIS BAY HARBOUR WITH DDE IMPORT & EXPORT
Please submit the following to DDE Import & Export by e-mail or fax at least 3 days before vessel’s arrival:
- Copy of Bill of Lading
- Copy of invoice (Cost of vehicle and ocean freight to be indicated separately)
- Copy of registration certificate
- Always declare any additional goods packed into the vehicle with a separate invoice for the goods.
We also need the following information if not indicated on documentation above:
- Vehicle’s year model
- Vehicle’s colour
- Namibian exit port to be used
The Following original documents are needed on arrival of vessel to release cargo:
- Original bill of lading OR telex/auto release
- Original invoice
A FEW POINTS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION DURING THE CLEARING PROCESS
- Always ensure you have a spare key for your vehicle. If you buy a vehicle without a spare key it is worth it to have a spare key made. Have the spare keys send to you by courier. Often keys get lost in transit on the shipping vessels.
- Always declare any goods that was packed into the vehicle. If goods are not declared there will be penalties with the local customs offices and they have the right to confiscate any declared goods and keep it in Customs Warehousing until it’s declared. This make the process of getting the vehicle released from the port longer.
- Always inform us the correct details of the vehicle. If any mistakes is found later i.e. incorrect vin numbers or year model and colour of vehicle there are penalties incurred for this and a voucher of correction needs to be submitted to the local officials which also delays the vehicle release process.
- Vehicles in transit through Namibia on special permits are not allowed to carry any passengers. Make sure that whoever is collecting your vehicle are travelling alone. Heavy penalties are raised for this offence by our local authorities.
We provide a very efficient and dedicated service to our ever increasing client base in order to meet all their needs. The biggest concern for all clients is that their property will be safe and well looked after. We make sure that our client’s needs is always put first!
Please Contact us for a quote or any further information.